View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 am

wifes van 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post wifes van
she has been driving for 4 weeks now , brakes were grinding, then a caliper blew, shortly the other did the same and she was stressing the rears as well since they were the last line of defense.... well, finally she let me rebuild them today.... The Phynolic piston got so hot it shattered in the calapers and the backing plate tried to weld to the rotors,,,,enjoy

Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: wifes van
Been some time since the post but shortly after replacing everything, my wife was hauling ass in the rain, took the 55N exit onto 44W too fast and spun out, jumping curb, knocking some posts and sliding downhill backwards. A pole ruptured the fuel tank ( plastic) releasing a full 25gallon tank onto the highway, blew out all 4 wheels and destroyed all 4 aluminum wheels. I found a tank in the salvage yard for $35, and supposed to pick up the rims tonight for $100 and the van should be back on the road. I replaced the headlight/blinker and fender already. The fuel tank was a PITA to replace since I didn't have jacks and not a lot of room to maneuver, the tank is 5' long since its and AWD long wheelbase....whew.
Got it started today, now just hoping she didn't damage the trans or bend the axles...wont know til wheels are on.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

(o_0)
:shock:
wimmin'drivers ,,, :roll:
:mrgreen:

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:55 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yep, Dem Wimmin will destroy anything you fix just so they can have you fix it some moar ! lol

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:17 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Got the van running again, got screwed by a rim repair shop (Zeman tires and custom wheels in st. Louis city 63116, do not go there for anything, I left a negative review on their website, on their facebook page as well as files a complaint with the BBB. Charged me $140 up front to repair a bent aluminum wheel that had a crack ( supposed to straighten, weld the crack and polish it ) all they did was hammer it out, told me since it holds air they didn't weld it or anything so I asked for a refund of the difference and they said no, straight up NO ! I will never set foot on their lot again.

Anyways back to the van, its running and driving now, but the rear drivers wheel is tilted a bit, might be a bad hub bearing or a bent axle??? we will have a shop inspect it and see whats the deal. The rim has a small dent so it didn't hit hard but since it hit sliding sideways may be more damage to suspension than I can see. Otherwise it should be ok to put back on the road once this is fixed. Now I can haul some stuff if needed. will keep y'all posted.

Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:49 pm