View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am

Prairie du Rocher checkin' in... 
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post Prairie du Rocher checkin' in...
Hows it going, folks? Im Joshua, I was directed to the forum from the Samba - Im a painter/fabricator/welder/mechanic/tattoo artist/jack of all trades. I fabricate, paint and assemble modular units, machinery & conveyance for aluminum can factories for a living at the moment. Ive managed auto repair shops, owned a hotrod/vintage shop at one point, spun a wrench for years and love just about anything mechanical and/or old. I bought a chunk of land in Prairie du Rocher about a year ago and moved my wife and daughter out here to get out of the city and raise a family right. I just recently picked up a very clean, 1 owner '67 sedan after not owning a VW for years. I was heavy into them when I lived in California in the late 90's, early 00's and then moved on to "rat rods" and traditional kustoms. I always missed the hell out of Vee Dubs, though... the cars and the people associated with em. Im stoked to be building another one finally, for sure.
So heres the low down on what Im planning to make out of the '67 - Its clean but not original enough to make me wanna keep it stock. That, by the way, is my favorite kind of car. :D Im planning a Cal-Looker like I loved when I was a kid - Im keeping the towel rack bumpers, though. No "T" bars. She'll sport 5 spoke black Empi's, a 2276 stroker, a L469 Anthracite (Massey Ferguson grey)/low gloss black (John Deere Blitz Black) two-tone paint job on a dechromed body, a charcoal/white vinyl interior keeping the OG white interior paint, her nose down and her ass up with an adjustable beam, 2.5" drop spindles, 145's/205's and a whole lot of mojo.

Glad to find other air-cooled folk around these parts and I look forward to meeting yall!

heres the '67:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Popeye67

Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:20 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Prairie du Rocher checkin' in...
8)
nice li'l '67 ,,, looks nearly-stock to me !! :wink:
welcome :mrgreen:

Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:46 am
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post Re: Prairie du Rocher checkin' in...
Thanks! She's got an "AE" 1600 DP, rattlecan paintjob, home-made seatcovers & home-cut carpet, diamond-plate running boards and the PO shaved the body/hood trim. Thats just enough for me to justify making some changes while keeping the surviving stock items like the dash etc. the way they are. The best part about her is the dash, wiring, under the hood are unmolested, the body/fenders/hood/decklid are straight and German w/NO rust and the pans/heater channels are very solid. Killer start to a fun project! Now I gotta start gathering parts.

Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:29 pm