View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:58 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Brian in St Charles 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Brian in St Charles
This is an open invitation for this weekend but really contact me anytime. I can always ignore you and vice versa.
This weekend I am packing up a 15 window to transport out of MO. Sad but true. It will cross State lines and move to the new owner some considerable distance away. I don't really need help but that is what I will be doing. You are welcome to stop by, hang out, swap stories, check things out and generally get in the way if that is your thing. I am going to post a want ad for Deluxe parts the new owner can purchase and if convienant enough pack right into it as it transports out. It is only missing a few things. I have a type 3 Fastback, 72 Westy, complete parts Fastback and a new split bus.
D8569@aol.com. Text 312-218-9139
Thanks.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:50 am
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Post Re: Brian in St Charles
Brian - If I'm thinking right, you're the guy that just bought Ted's SWR '61 SC. Ted says you're a pretty cool dude. 8) Don't know if I can make it out this weekend, but I'd like to get together sometime and share VW stories and whatnot. Although I hate to hear that your 15 window is leaving the STL area, I'm really glad to see Ted's (formally Roy's) SC will be around for a while! I really had to bite my tong when he said he was putting that one on the selling block... if I didn't have a couple of SCs, I'd be at home drooling over yours right now :lol:

Post some pics of your weekend adventure! Dave :D

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:06 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

That is I, Dave.
Lucky for me I have a time machine,went and strategically placed those other SCs in your path. I feel your pain. I appreciate you already but you will never get mine.:D
It does fit me very well.

The 15 came here from somewhere else in 1980 so maybe it is time to leave regardless. Also,very seriously, the owner will earn it completely with blood,sweat and tears with absolutely no doubt. I would not have committed the Cardinal sin and done this if that wasn't true.
I would like to see it get it's missing parts. They are the important ones.
I do think if it comes out again as a build anyone will be very familar and appreciate it is going to a good home.
They are looking for the missing parts to buy.
I feel there may be an opportunity for anyone "Local" wanting to someday sell parts to hook up with them, cut a deal and pack right into it before it leaves. Both parties may find an advantage to avoid shipping costs and if the buyer and seller can actually attend the same ballpark and agree on a deal...great.
I will forward any information straight to the buyer and hopefully step right out of the middle of it. Discretion of course will be applied.

Missing:
Rocker trim. went AWOL with the Rockers.
Middle and rear seats....don't laugh it's true...AWOL. Mcode is full length middle.
Bus wheels

Built October 1960 if that matters. All the nonMissing parts are average or poor so I'm sure about anything from poor+ will be considered.
Long shot but there it is.
B

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:23 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

1960 15 Window. Very nice!

Look forward to seeing the SC on the road this summer?

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:27 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Those 3 words make it sound nice. It's not,
Realistic target will be before summer for a rolling resto but we'll see how life unnfolds.
Thanks.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:49 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

It has been very nice to get to know you Brian. I am glad that the bus truely went to the right person. It does need work, but the single is way B-A! Looking forward to getting a ride in it.
Thanks for letting me drive the Type III. I am still floored at the glass bending pop-outs.
I have some work to do around the house this weekend, but will try to swing out and give you a hand moving stuff around. May try to drag Dave along too. He needs to see that lowlight. :wink:

Talk with ya soon.
SeeYa. Ted.

This is the face of a happy camper ya'll.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Welcome Brian...noticed the faux patina logo'd fasty at Funfest a couple years ago...never forgot the face.
Also helped your son out with some T4 Vanagon tin just before his big adventure out west.
St. Chuck...we're practically neighbors :lol:
I'll be blowing the dust outta the Westy this weekend...I'll try and make it by.

Roy

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:14 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Thanks, Roy. That Vanagon lives again to. I would like to check out the Westy.

^Ted, will do. Maybe I can get keys.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:44 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Thanks everyone! What a blast for me. Birthday weekend for me with lot's of visitors and some cool cars. A liitle cold, closed the door after everyone left and it got too warm in there. Go figure.
And motor out of the ole truck who will be 51 tomorrow btw.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:31 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Welcome Brian it's always good to see another local around. Glad to see that roy/ted sc will stay around for awhile longer.

Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:02 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Thanks for hosting the starting spot for our little Rhineland cruise yesterday Brian.
Nice shop, sweet VW's and we had your alley filled with plenty of German steel.
Love the neighbors '57 Nomad too!

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:18 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Let's do it again. When the forecast is accurate. Most of the time the alley is open and sometimes Norman(57) gets out. Jerry is the greatest neighbor. I will be a better host and cruise I hope. Very nice seeing the VWs.

^^Thanks Shawn. You should drop by and see it in pieces.

Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:18 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

3 of my buses are within 12' of each other a little over 2 years before I got a hold of any of them.
I passed the 72 along to real nice folks.
2nd photo shows the same gate the 72 is parked in front of.

Thanks RJ and RP for letting me into these 3 buses. Who knows if fate will bring me back to the 72 somehow but for some reason I sure have missed it.
Picture "borrowed" from RJ on TS.

Attachments:
015.JPG
015.JPG [ 61.07 KiB | Viewed 2329 times ]
Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:10 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Well a slow start on the Kombi. It is a June 67 btw, so pretty late. I got it Oct 1st. By my 5th full day off at home there hasn't been much to tell.
I have sparked up the power still on the floor. The fuel pump doesn't work so I gravity fed the carb. Which right away stuck the float so I had some fun with flooding. The diaphragm was real dry and brittle on the pump.
Also installed a pop out. That doesn't open too easily. Should read up on installing these soon for the next couple to do.
I am going to forego any Sundial resto and return it to the Mcode. 6 pop outs and no middle seat.
Tail lights in, some dents banged on, parts sorted, engine bay cleaned, etc. Small stuff but all needs done.
Took off the Sundial step and sorted it out to function. Not sure about putting it back on or on the Bay Westy. Either way the wood will need to go and mount it with steel. Might sell it. The step not the bus.
Brian

Attachments:
008.JPG
008.JPG [ 48.82 KiB | Viewed 2196 times ]
009.JPG
009.JPG [ 42.81 KiB | Viewed 2196 times ]
004.JPG
004.JPG [ 46.82 KiB | Viewed 2196 times ]
Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Leaving Lost Creek and at Grafton Ferry.

Attachments:
Hounds ready to go 11-3-12.jpg
Hounds ready to go 11-3-12.jpg [ 644.48 KiB | Viewed 2178 times ]
Grafton Ferry Closed 11-11-12.jpg
Grafton Ferry Closed 11-11-12.jpg [ 692.18 KiB | Viewed 2178 times ]
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next