View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:01 pm



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Jason in Arkansas 
Author Message
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:40 am
Posts: 30
Post Jason in Arkansas
OK guess I need to do an intro. Here I am, Jason. I have a 61 Single Cab, satin black and white. It only goes to local shows so not many of you have seen it.

Been in the VW scene since about 1995.

I have been in the Arkansas Club, Central Arkasnas Volks Folks since 1995.

I have "done" about 90% of the duties for the local show at Toad Suck park for the past few years.

Glad to be here and able to hang out with the group.

1961 Single Cab
1962 sunroof on 69 pan, going for German/Cal Look
2007 Jetta Wolf'g edition - wife's ride
39 Ford truck - long term traditional hot rod project
1998 Civic - my ride to and from

_________________
Willeye wrote:
...I couldn't care less about looking pretty...


Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:28 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: tulsa OK
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
^^^
welcome, jason :!:
nice truck :wink: 8)
hope to make it to u'r show next year :D
- - -
'67 camper, ol'Yeller, daily driver.
'67 7-pass. deLux, busterBrown, motor out, 1/2 rebuilt.
'67 s.cab, bulliBus, needs trans swapOut, motor redone.
'74 bug, wife/daughters car, soon 2 be resurrected.


Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:37 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:50 pm
Posts: 955
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome Jason! I am just over the mighty MS in Memphis, TN! Lot's of great folks on here!


Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:35 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:54 pm
Posts: 1473
Location: St. Charles County, Mo.
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome to the group Jason.


Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:41 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:22 pm
Posts: 458
Location: joplin
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome Jason, I laugh everytime I go to monticello and drive past the Toad suck exit :lol:


Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:34 am
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 am
Posts: 721
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome to the site.


Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:06 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:57 pm
Posts: 833
Location: Dexter, Mo.
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome aboard. I love seeing guys in border states come hang out with us.
Dan

_________________
danandteri.blogspot.com


Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 pm
Posts: 75
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Greetings and welcome to the site!!! I met you at Toad Suck this year, I had a great time and plan on coming down next year. Might even bring the Ghia instead of the "Bunny Turd". Dave J (Yes, the brown Rabbit!)


Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:22 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:28 pm
Posts: 2074
Location: Mesa, AZ transplant from O'Fallon, MO
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome Jason.
Nice scab!

Roy in O'Fallon, MO


Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:32 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 746
Location: Memphis, TN aka The Armpit of the South
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
grumpy wrote:
OK guess I need to do an intro. Here I am, Jason. I have a 61 Single Cab, satin black and white. It only goes to local shows so not many of you have seen it.

you should really drive that scab to some out of town shows. your missing out on so much. there's no other feeling like drive an old split for 8 hrs straight then arriving to the show / campout. the long drive to the show is half the fun.


Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:25 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: tulsa OK
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
widehatch wrote:
grumpy wrote:
OK guess I need to do an intro. Here I am, Jason. I have a 61 Single Cab, satin black and white. It only goes to local shows so not many of you have seen it.

you should really drive that scab to some out of town shows. your missing out on so much. there's no other feeling like drive an old split for 8 hrs straight then arriving to the show / campout. the long drive to the show is half the fun.

= = =
hahaha, trueTHAT :lol: :!: , billy ,,, presuming, of course, that u "survive" the trip :wink: :) :D :mrgreen: :lol: :roll: 8) 8)


Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:37 pm
Profile
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:40 am
Posts: 30
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
I have a low tolerance for the heat and if I get too hot I get sick and down for a few days. I drove up in my brand X car 2 years ago and the heat was bad, can't sleep in that stuff hard to even enjoy a beer. I make a deal with ya'll. I will bring myself and my SC to the next June Bug if you guys come down to the Toad Suck show. I reserve sites at the campground just over the river from the show site. 2012 will be the 20th year for the show and the 3rd, official, camp out. We have water and power at the sites and the bathrooms are close by. We are set away from the rest of the campers in the section and always fun times.

@Dave J - I remember you and I love that Rabbit

Thanks for all the welcomes. Nice to hang out in a no drama site.

_________________
Willeye wrote:
...I couldn't care less about looking pretty...


Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:01 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:53 am
Posts: 509
Location: Joplin, Mo.
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
Welcome Jason 8) Would love to make next year's show and campout :D


Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Posts: 3028
Location: tulsa OK
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
grumpy wrote:
I have a low tolerance for the heat and if I get too hot I get sick and down for a few days. I drove up in my brand X car 2 years ago and the heat was bad, can't sleep in that stuff hard to even enjoy a beer. I make a deal with ya'll. I will bring myself and my SC to the next June Bug if you guys come down to the Toad Suck show. I reserve sites at the campground just over the river from the show site. 2012 will be the 20th year for the show and the 3rd, official, camp out. We have water and power at the sites and the bathrooms are close by. We are set away from the rest of the campers in the section and always fun times.

@Dave J - I remember you and I love that Rabbit

Thanks for all the welcomes. Nice to hang out in a no drama site.

= = =
8) done 8) :!: :!: :mrgreen:


Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:32 pm
Profile
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:09 am
Posts: 1307
Post Re: Jason in Arkansas
That must be why you have your show in Oct, to avoid the heat. Have thought about going many times in the past. Chad and Kim speak highly of it. I usually opt for Indigibus which is usually the same weekend in Oct. I didn't do either this year, mainly because I was in the middle of moving. Which was quite a chore.


Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:35 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.