View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:14 am

Trade for westfalia parts 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Trade for westfalia parts
If the rules allow this I value it at $1500.
I can sell it but prefer to swap for VW parts or especially early bay Westfalia. I am looking for about anything decent for a 1968 Westy. I have pretty much of the whole interior except as you could guess the sink and cots. The parts are poor to bad with rot along bottoms. My poptop is sprung also, I have all the frame and wooden supports but the top was smashed by a tree and popped apart. Steering box needs a rebuild, the turn signal is hanging by some of the wires, ignition bypassed, etc.
Name what you have,here is what I have to swap:
Yamaha Terrapro 350 with a Woods OEM 48" FM finish mower. Attachments also made for these are a brush cut deck, snow blower and tiller. This is a nice cutting machine best for very steep or uneven ground. It uses a 2 point hitch so is incredibly stable with the mower anchoring the four wheeler. It has 2 reverse and 10 forward speeds using a 2 speed transfer. It is 2WD with a rear locker. PTO is belt driven and I believe 2000 rpm. It is governed with the PTO engaged so cruises without much to do except change gears to change speeds. You can gear up across your yard and down shift for the turns.
Negatives for it's use is the lack of HST, you have to clutch gears and stop and lever change to reverse and then back to forward again. The turn radius is about the same as a bus. :) It is a fairly warm ride cutting grass with an aircooled engine right below you. It is a small cut at only 48" for my yard and I do not have real hills. I bought a JD400 60" and have not looked back.
Parts are not so hard to find for the only PTO 4 wheeler ever made but there are some that are not readily available, must be made or cross referenced by your own self. You can get filters and the one off rear wheels on this have already been modified so tires are not an issue. I have extra blades and you can get them. It is the PTO and forward/reversing bits that are buggered on all used machines that you need to find or create. I modified a Big Bear 400 reverse lever and saved the cracked old one so it can be brazed. You have to engage the rear brake when switching so these get jammed and broken on many of the machines. The carb is special to because of the governor, but this one is perfectly okay and you can rebuild or buy them. This one was garaged all it's life and I keep it in my wood floored barn.
The rear brakes do not do much or anything on this one. I have not looked at them at all, it has hydraulic brakes. No brakes are necessary with the mower attached and I have just used the front brakes when it isn't. The locker is locked in and has a goofy cable operation with a cam lever that I am not sure even works. The only safety wire is the seat, stand up or get off while mowing and it stops running.
What is incredibly nice cutting with this machine is the stability and the suspension. It is a nice ride mowing. Few mowing machines have sprung suspension. This has A frame front and live axle rear with springs, that is nice along with the riding position.
Thanks
Brian
312-218-9139 text, call,email, or post me.

Attachments:
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 101 - Copy - Copy.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 101 - Copy - Copy.JPG [ 138.33 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 108.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 108.JPG [ 144.3 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 110.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 110.JPG [ 161.54 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 090 - Copy - Copy.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 090 - Copy - Copy.JPG [ 104.34 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 087 - Copy - Copy.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 087 - Copy - Copy.JPG [ 137.26 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 091 - Copy - Copy.JPG
3-25-16 Parts windows Yamaha 091 - Copy - Copy.JPG [ 99.82 KiB | Viewed 486 times ]

Last edited by 6631 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:52 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Trade for westfalia parts
That's pretty interesting.

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:55 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Trade for westfalia parts/ edit: cash for westy so67 par
Sold the Yamaha.
I would still like to buy so67 parts for the 68 blue bus. Also can use 68 bus parts in general like headlight switch, ignition and turn signal switch.
Thanks
Brian

Attachments:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 1.01 MiB | Viewed 431 times ]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg [ 832.14 KiB | Viewed 431 times ]
Sun May 08, 2016 7:53 am