View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:44 pm

funfest 2016 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post funfest 2016
http://www.funfestacvw.com/

Who going and when.

We will be going Friday morning with the 67 with the new motor ( hopefully). Ready to have a few drinks and see what everyone has been up to.

Mon May 16, 2016 8:16 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: funfest 2016
I'm going, but don't have Friday off this year so I'll probably be rolling in late

'87 Vanagon Syncro Westy / Subaru EZ30d conversion

Tue May 17, 2016 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yep! I'm planning to go, but don't have my flight schedule for June yet. Will depart by noon on Friday and take a slow, backroads route over to Effingham. Will almost certainly be taking the '59 DC... fingers crossed. Not sure whether I'll camp or what?

Bill

Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

BulliBill wrote:
Yep! I'm planning to go, but don't have my flight schedule for June yet. Will depart by noon on Friday and take a slow, backroads route over to Effingham. Will almost certainly be taking the '59 DC... fingers crossed. Not sure whether I'll camp or what?

Bill

throw an air mattress in the back of that thing, and we'll get you good an liquored up so you'll sleep like a baby!

'87 Vanagon Syncro Westy / Subaru EZ30d conversion

Mon May 23, 2016 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I can't wait for the fire-water! It seems that I've been requested to give a seminar on the restoration process/experience of the '59 DC during Funfest. Not sure when or where yet, info to follow later. No pressure "self"! Now that beast REALLY has to get there under her own power! I sure hope that whiney split-case tranny makes it there and back... Not worried about the 36hp motor at all. Got another split-case transaxle being rebuilt "box-to-box" out on the left Coast right now for the DC at "the Wright Gearbox". I may need the fire-water before and after the drive!

Bill

Mon May 23, 2016 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Heading out in the morning. We will see you all in effingham for early happy hour.

Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

It has taken a lot of time and effort to put this Double-Cab together. No regrets at all, it was mostly fun, just the stuff I like to do. It was great to suck the balls right up into my body, turn the key and turn the DC eastward on Friday morning. It was great to take over the slow lane (I was cruising at 55mph) and drive her out on Interstate 70 with all the speed demons the whole way roundtrip on my first long trip in the Dove Blue DC. Eveyone was cool. most waved or gave the DC a thumb's up and then floored it again! I put about 250 miles on it over the weekend. The little 36hp engine was awesome, and the noisy transaxle did just fine too, just made more noise that it needs to. Here are of a couple of shots for you of the Bus while it was in Effingham this weekend:

At the Friday evening downtown party:

Mike Yager asked me to stay with them at their little (stunning) shack because I was bringing the DC, doing a seminar about it, and camping might be problematic in such a utilitarian vehicle. They set me up in their incredible Guest/pool house right alongside their Chevy "bowtie" logo shaped pool, and handed me a remote to the 8-car garage so I could stuff the DC inside at night. There were some very cool cars in there including a shiny red Ferrari. I really brought down the value of the place...

At a Hot VWs magazine photoshoot for a future magazine feature story early Sunday morning about two miles down the street from the MAM "Funfest" show site...

Thanks again to the Yager's and their crew for their hospitality at Funfest, and personally to Mike & Laurie Yager for their gracious hospitality towards me and the DC!!

I am not worthy!

Bill Bowman

Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:02 pm
Profile WWW