View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:02 pm

BNNTA 2015 
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post BNNTA 2015
Someone had to start this so here it is.......

I plan on taking Friday off and heading up from St. Louis sometime before or after noon dependent on speed of packing. Who else is headed up early Friday?

Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:14 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post Re: BNNTA 2015
I'll be headed out Friday morning

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:51 pm
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

We plan to drive up Thursday (tomorrow) afternoon. Last year we broke down on the way so maybe this year if we plan to get there a day early we won't miss the entire event trying to get the bus there.

If we do make it early we will be camped out at the assigned 'regular Indian Creek public campground' waiting to get in. We'll have our '67 and '03 campers.

Myka - 03 Rialta FDD

Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

They usally open the gates to the group camp for us on Thursday afternoon if I remember correctly? ?

Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:11 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I'll be at home with our new addition. .but one of my buses will be there. Letting Cully & Amy borrow the '78 westy for the weekend.
Ya'll have fun!..duh

Attachments:
20150831_184638.jpg
20150831_184638.jpg [ 133.65 KiB | Viewed 818 times ]
20150901_202906.jpg
20150901_202906.jpg [ 146.3 KiB | Viewed 818 times ]
Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:38 pm
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Thanks for the tip & congratulations. Dave ( VW_Dave on here ) also said it may be open Thursday. Would be nice if we could just setup rather than setup, move and then setup again. Guess we'll try once we get there tomorrow afternoon.

Myka - 03 Rialta FDD

Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:23 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Howdy all,

We're in the final stages of loading our event gear into three of our Buses for the trip up to Mark Twain Lake for the B.N.N.T.A. event. The weather forecast is great, a long dry weekend with temps in the low '90s and nighttime temps around 75 degrees! Only a remote chance for any precipitation, and that isn't until Monday. Good camping weather!

The only issue I'm having around here is that my e-mail service has crapped out for the last five days, so I'm not getting any messages from anyone. If you've written with a question or comment to bill@bnnta.com, I can't see it. Sorry! Quite peaceful actually, but not great right before an event that I'm hosting. Unfortunately I don't have time to get it sorted out until after this weekend, so hopefully you aren't trying to get a hold of me via e-mail with a event question. If you need to get me, try a "pm" here or a "pm" over on the thread on the Samba.com and I'll try to check periodically today before we head to the campout on Friday morning. Better yet, go to our simple web site at www.bnnta.com for the basic details on the B.N.N.T.A. VW camping event. There is a nice map link there to get directions into the Lake and all the fun!

Thanks again, and we are looking forward to seeing everyone very soon!

Bill Bowman

p.s. Often the USACE Rangers open up the "group campground" at the Indian Creek Recreation Area on Mark Twain Lake a day or two early for early arrivals. Not sure if they are doing this again this year or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do again. One important point to be made here. If they do open the gates and if you decide to arrive a day or two early and camp there in the group campground, "you" are responsible to go over to the main campground entrance gate and pay the staff there for the normal daily camping rate to stay there. Camping there early is not "free" from the Park. I only lease the campground from Friday noon onward until Monday at noon. Your B.N.N.T.A. event fee includes camping fees from Friday night through Sunday night only, not for Wednesday or Thursday nights. Please zip over and pay for any early camping so that the Rangers don't get miffed at me. Please don't jeopardize their gracious behavior towards us. Enjoy the peace and quiet before the hordes stream in on Friday. Oh yeah, please keep sites #11, #12 and #13 open for our event registration headquarters and staff volunteers! Thanks!

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:08 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Congratulations Daniel! We'll miss you guys this year! Enjoy that beautiful little girl!

Bill & Kathryn

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

First of all, cOngrAtuLaTioNs to Daniel on the new addition!!! Don't worry, the 2nd little girl is not nearly as easy as the first. :shock:

It seems as though everyone is getting all geared up (or gear oiled) for the weekend. My place seems to have become the one stop shop for topping off transmission fluid for the weekend...

Adam (squagl) with the '67 camper on Tuesday night...
Attachment:
Adam.jpg
Adam.jpg [ 984.56 KiB | Viewed 801 times ]

...and Ted (thorbus) with the '60 DD Kombi on Wednesday night.
Attachment:
Ted.jpg
Ted.jpg [ 819.82 KiB | Viewed 801 times ]

Just wish I could say I'm to the point of topping off fluids for the weekend. :roll: Not there yet, but still on track...
Attachment:
1959.jpg
1959.jpg [ 1001.29 KiB | Viewed 801 times ]

Hope to see everyone this weekend!

Peace. Dave

Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:44 am