View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:20 pm

the 29th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #29) 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post the 29th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #29)
Here all go again!!! Mark your calendars, start fixin' up those old VWs for another legendary BNNTA campout event...
We just listed the event in the upcoming summer event planner issue of Hot VWs, so we ought to get another good crowd. Close to 100 VWs were in attendance in 2013!

"Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #29)

when: Friday August 29th thru Monday September 1st, 2014
where: the entire "group" campground at the Indian Creek Recreation Area located right on huge Mark Twain Lake, which is about 30 miles southwest of Hannibal, Missouri.

Any and all VW's are welcome to enjoy this BNNTA family-oriented camping event. Featuring VW camping right on a 22 mile long lake, an informal VW Bus show, a fun and highly competitive best individual and best group campsite decoration contest, a scenic countryside caravan on Saturday over to discover the sights of historic Hannibal, MO (the childhood hometown right on the Mississsippi River of Samuel Clemens, a.k.a. "Mark Twain"), Bus show awards and door prizes, campfire activities, etc. Our campground is lakeside, so bring your watertoys (canoes, kayaks, etc.). BNNTA is held in a beautiful Corp of Engineers built/managed campground with very nice facilities, clean bathrooms and nice shower facilities, a playground and a huge pavilion for our sole use. We restrict access to the campground to only VWs, so you won't wake up in the morning staring at the side of a motorhome, just the beautiful sight of VWs of all types sprawling off into the distance! The "total" event/camping fee for each VW for the entire four day weekend is only $30. Yep! A total of only $30! And if you have something "VW-related" that you want to donate to the door prize pile to be given away to participants on Saturday evening, please bring it along.

You can check out our simple web site for more event details and info: http://www.bnnta.com

We hope that you and your VW can join all of us for the long holiday weekend! Let the madness begin!!!

Your hosts,

Bill & Kathryn Bowman

Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: the 29th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #
Will be there for sure.
Can't wait

Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:49 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

I saw Kent at the Cardinals game last night and he said he has the Friday off before so he will be up for the caravan up on Friday. Of course that is unless it's raining….. :lol:

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

8)
yep !!!
i gotta bring back that traveling "hard luck toolbox" eh ?!!?
:mrgreen:

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:28 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I did my traditional "couple month out" check with the Corps Rangers, and they are looking forward to seeing all of us again at the Lake on the upcoming Labor Day weekend. They even had the mildly fire damaged pavilion repaired and it is back in service, so that is where we'll have the award ceremony and door prize give-away this year... The artwork for this years event is almost ready, and is basically the awesome artwork that I had approved for last year (before some sneaky friends changed it all behind my back in celebration of my upcoming birthday. I'm sure the t-shirts will go like hotcakes! I can't wait to see Roy Jonas cruise into the campground in his beautiful 21 window Deluxe after having driven along with another Bus (the Jerome Jamboree "give-away" Camper) all the way from Phoenix, AZ!

Woooo Hooo, here we go again! Get ready!

Bill

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

also, remember to save me back a XXL or XXXL shirt this year, ok ?!?? :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:33 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

David, call me at (314) 368-6961

Okay we're just a few weeks out from the BNNTA event weekend, and the t-shirts have been ordered, the trophies are in production, event stickers and registration stuff is in progress. I've got to order up a few new signs and make a few more preparations for the gathering. The US Army Corps of Engineers folks are ready and waiting for the arrivals of lots of Buses and other VWs over the upcoming Labor Day weekend. I understand there is some kind of gathering/convention in Hannibal that weekend of folks which should add to the fun there, and things do see in Hannibal. Two of my four Buses are ready to go, not sure about the 3rd or 4th, but we are basically ready and good to go!

So get your VWs ready and pack up your camping gear and have a safe drive, fun, and uneventful cruise over to Mark Twain Lake in a few weeks from now. I can't wait to see Roy make his triumphant return to STL and the event in his awesome 21 window Deluxe! It'll be great to have him back for a few days!!!

Bill & Kathryn

Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Hey ACMO folks, it seems that the thread about the upcoming BNNTA festivities over on www.theSamba.com in the Events/Shows forum has been made a "sticky"! Woo Hooooo! So if you like, every once in a while pop over there (and here) to "bump that bitch" to the top again! The more folks at BNNTA the merrier! See ya'll soon!

Bill

Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

I'll be there in Clifford the Big Red Bus. It would be awesome to see Roy and co. roll in from AZ!

Gonna come up with Thorbus (Ted)--gotta see what his schedule is looking like--think he said he might have to work Sat.? bummer.... I feel a big sick day coming............ :roll: Also gotta see how his wasserboxer is coming, or if he's gonna drive the DDK?

Anyhoo, looking forward to it!

Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:29 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

left u a v.m. msg on u'r phone # above ,,,

Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:43 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I rode through Indian Creek group camp today on the way to Hannibal.
Looks like its all ready for a bunch of vw's to invade in a couple of weeks.

Strang to be there w/o all the buses

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:10 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Awesome, did you take any photos of that place "empty"?

So what is the early word on various caravan plans for the drive up to BNNTA? Travelling in a pack is always fun and safer for everyone...

Bill

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

BulliBill wrote:
Awesome, did you take any photos of that place "empty"?

Bill

Sorry no pics...Mostly empty there was a group of guys with RV's & fishing boats in the first spots on the left as you enter.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Ami and I are gonna roll up Friday AM if anyone want's to carabus up with us! We will be headed through Washington and up that way in both buses. Probably leaving around 9-10 AM?? But we're flexible.
Shoot me a text or call if you want to hook up and roll out.
636-399-(firing order).

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

A week from now we'll be in the private campground on Mark Twain Lake enjoying all the VWs assembled for the BNNTA weekend. The Rangers have the group campground ready for us, and the event officially opens on Friday. The event artwork looks great! The Award plaques arrived and looks awesome! So do the dash plaques that every registered VW gets with their registration packet. Event window stickers too. T-shirt should be finished now and will be brought to the event by Gary from Chicago. Blue t-shirts this year!

So do some final tweakin' ("twerkin" is not advised) on your old VWs, pack up the brews and chow and get ready for the 29th BNNTA this upcoming weekend on Mark Twain Lake!

Kathryn and I wish you all a very enjoyable and safe journey over to the Lake in a few days. See ya soon!

Bill

Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 am
Profile WWW