View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am

the 29th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #29) 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: the 29th "Buses Nowhere Near The Arch #29" (B.N.N.T.A. #
Hi all,

Despite the fact that the St. Louis region currently has a heat advisory for the last couple of days, it looks like those attending the upcoming BNNTA campout will be getting a very nice break according to Bing weather as of this morning! Bing is forecasting that the temps in Monroe City, MO near Mark Twain Lake will drop mid-week and on Friday the high/low temps will be a nice 85/66, Saturday even nicer at 82/65, Sunday will be 82/76 and Monday 86/71. Nice driving, camping and nighttime sleeping weather! Wooo Hoooo! Of course, as usual, there is always the possibility of an occasional shower with a 40 percent chance throughout the long holiday weekend.

So get yourselves and your VWs ready to join in on the fun. Drive safely and enjoy the adventure! See you this coming Friday!

Bill

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I just heard from the pilots of a two Bus caravan that they will depart at 4pm today from Phoenix, AZ headed to the BNNTA Camping weekend! We wish you guys/gals the very best of back-road travelling, and a safe and fun road trip! We'll see you at Mark Twain Lake on Friday! I think everyone here knows who I'm talking about!

The BNNTA event T-shirts (blue this year!) are finished and picked up by a Chicago-based attendee who will bring them directly to the event. They look AWESOME!

Bill

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

The Bussen clan will be departing around 10:00 AM Friday from south county.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Rick D and I will be rolling up together Friday afternoon. Heading out of Strafford, MO about 3pm, quick stop to pick up my kid at school and then a stop in Kingdom City to get his boys. We should be there just before dark on Friday.

Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:37 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

News flash!!!

Roy Jonas is cruising on HWY 54 approaching Stratford, TX in his awesome 21 window Deluxe on his way from Phoenix, AZ to the BNNTA event. Chad & Mindy's Bus had to turn back to PHX after an uncontrollable oil leak, so Roy is cruising happily alone. He is roughly half way already, and plans to drive until about 10pm tonight, so he will have a nice, shorter drive into the BNNTA event tomorrow! What a trouper! He reports his fresh new engine is doing very nicely! Send your good karma his way this evening!

There are campers in the group campground already this evening at the BNNTA site! We'll be heading up there in the morning to join in the fun!

Bill

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Awesome weekend, nice weather, cool-ish temps for the long Labor Day holiday weekend, a great time! One hundred and six registered older VWs camping and no other brands allowed in to spoil the view!

Roy cruised that beautiful 21 window into the campground after a 30 hour drive straight from Mesa, AZ. He had no issues and he ended up taking home the longest distance award and Best Split-Bus trophies! Roy dropped by yesterday to check out my DC and Jeff Burke (who painted both Roy's and my Buses) came by to also to see Roy and his Bus at my shack. Roy is leaving town today (Wednesday 9/3) to meander back towards PHX (via Las Vegas) in his awesome Deluxe.

I was so busy hosting the event that I have virtually no photos, so hopefully those of you in attendance will post up a few shots/video links and your comments for all to enjoy! Thanks everyone for another great time at our 29th BNNTA!

Bill & Kathryn

Attachments:
File comment: The two Jeff Burke painted Transporters together again in my backyard on Sept 2nd, 2014
DSCN0185.JPG
DSCN0185.JPG [ 861.31 KiB | Viewed 862 times ]
Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

For those not on Facebook, here's a link to my BNNTA album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 23124f5365

or if you're so paranoid that you won't even click a Facebook link, try this one:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1083895338 ... directlink

thanks for another great Labor Day weekend Bill!

'87 Vanagon Syncro Westy / Subaru EZ30d conversion

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

:lol:
paranoia strikes deep ,,, :roll:
AWEsome pix, there, Brian :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:06 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Thanks B for the pics...I clicked on the link and now my computer is on fire..fucking FaceSpace :shock:

Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:39 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Awesome time great show. Nice to hang out with everyone.

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:24 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Glad you guys/gals enjoyed yourselves recently!

BulliBill wrote:
Maybe we should occasionally be checking theSamba.com classified ads to see if someone is "flipping" those cool BNNTA soap dispensers there? I know that at least one of them made it until Monday at noon, as a delightful young girl brought it to me as I was walking through the campsite making sure all was tidy for the Rangers. They were departing and she wanted me to have it back, but we gave it to her for being so polite!

Yes, another great time with awesome new and old friends in their old VW campers on the Lake! I don't have any photos, so anyone out there please post up a few of what you've got of the event!

Bill

Speaking of those bathroom BNNTA soap dispensers, Tom Janiszewski, who does the event graphics each year also makes these labels and places those soap dispensers in each bath/shower house for all to share during the BNNTA event weekend. He always makes me an extra one for our home sink, and here are photos of both last years and this years dispensers.

And a close-up of this years label for BNNTA #29.

Can't wait to see what he comes up with for BNNTA#30! But I'm getting him to get me off the label so I don't block the view of those cool Buses.

Bill

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

hahahaah, idk, but ,,, w/o those pix of 1/2-nekkid Bill on'em, them soap dispensers
might be even More likely to disappear B4 the event is over ,,, just sayin' :mrgreen:
:oops:

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:36 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Ahhhhh! If I only looked that "ripped" in reality! Tom took a lot of artist license in those illustrations! I'll be off of them next year...

Bill

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

mhm, "ripped" as in abs ,,, or, as in absinthe ~ ?!?!?!!?
:mrgreen:
:oops:
LOL

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 pm