View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:29 pm

100 acre rally/VW camping 
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post Re: 100 acre rally/VW camping
I'll be heading out tomorrow in the am. Got a feeling it going to take a bit for me to get down there with all the snow/ice or whatever's going to hit us. I'll be camping at berry rec area in mark twain (G1 on page 48 on the ol gazetteer). Guess the first leg is in potosi,mo and this spot is half way between potosi and steelville. Looks like its a leadmine kinda deal. Friday might be a different spot to camp sence Saturday should be a steelville to salem. Spots to watch from.. Your guess is as good as mine lol first step is get the bus there then iron out the rest:)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:42 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Moss wrote:
I'll be heading out tomorrow in the am. Got a feeling it going to take a bit for me to get down there with all the snow/ice or whatever's going to hit us. I'll be camping at berry rec area in mark twain (G1 on page 48 on the ol gazetteer). Guess the first leg is in potosi,mo and this spot is half way between potosi and steelville. Looks like its a leadmine kinda deal. Friday might be a different spot to camp sence Saturday should be a steelville to salem. Spots to watch from.. Your guess is as good as mine lol first step is get the bus there then iron out the rest:)

per accuweather for Thursday in Potosi, MO---ice & snow from morning -night. Not ideal conditions for a bus, in the winter, in the ice, in the snow!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:16 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

mid_mo66westy wrote:
Moss wrote:

per accuweather for Thursday in Potosi, MO---ice & snow from morning -night. Not ideal conditions for a bus, in the winter, in the ice, in the snow!

guess I should change that... if the roads are not crazy bad then I plan on leaving tomorrow in the morning :D they've changed it up a bit for up here went from 100% at 12am to 30% at 2am.. Kansas has already been hit by it

Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:26 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Moss wrote:
mid_mo66westy wrote:
Moss wrote:

guess I should change that... if the roads are not crazy bad then I plan on leaving tomorrow in the morning :D they've changed it up a bit for up here went from 100% at 12am to 30% at 2am.. Kansas has already been hit by it

Be wise & patient grasshopper. Come Friday morning you'll know what's going on and can give MO--connect a--DOT to do their thang. Just say'n.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Hope ya made it safe there B. Tomorrow will be a better travel day fo-sho

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:07 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Moss made it safe and sound

Attachments:
photo11.JPG
photo11.JPG [ 151.22 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 130.35 KiB | Viewed 259 times ]
Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

8)
Cool !!! ,,, or, should that be bloody "Cold" !!!??!?!? :wink:
:mrgreen:
looks like it's gonna be an EPIC 100 Acre Woods rally this yr ! 8)

Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:32 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Dang that looks like some good times !

Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:29 am