View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 pm

STL Area: Looking for Help/Info on Price to Fix-up 
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post STL Area: Looking for Help/Info on Price to Fix-up
Hello!
I have a 1970 Karmann Ghia that I am going back and forth on keeping and fixing or selling. I have been in love with the KG since I was a teenager and now have one but am unsure how to know if I am actually going to be able to afford fixing her up or if I should get her a new home. I'm in the St Louis Area (Illinois side but not too far away) I really would love to have someone come out and give me an idea of what I should do or even just a rough estimate of what I am looking at. I know there are a few lovers around the area and wondered if I could convince any of you to help a newbie. I had a 1971 campmobile when growing up that I helped work on but it's been so long and it was in much better condition that this.. If you are in the area, whether you can/wish to help, can you please contact me so I can get some good ideas on what to do before I decide to just put her up for sell? I can include some pictures but I know that is nothing at all like seeing things in person.

Thanks!
Rocky23

:)

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:47 pm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Post Re: STL Area: Looking for Help/Info on Price to Fix-up
Rocky - post some pictures so we can see.. Let's see the floor pans, engine compartment and the body from multiple views.

Thu May 16, 2013 10:27 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yep! We need to see some good photos first of the possible trouble areas. Post 'em up here so we can give you some initial advice.

I also own a 1970 Karmann Ghia Coupe, mildly customized by me way back in the 1980's. I bought it in 1974 when I was about 20 years old, and have owned and cared for it ever since. Great and collectible "coachbuilt" cars, lots of parts available for 'em too... You just have to have a little simple VW knowledge (easy), time to spare and a desire to get a little dirty fixin' it up. Oh! And a few dollars in the bank saved up...

Unless she is a total pile of shit, FIX HER UP!!!

Bill

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:24 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

:mrgreen:
a "few" $$$$ ,,,, meaning a few Hunnerts ,,, at Least :mrgreen:
:lol:

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:57 am