View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Watercooled nightmares 
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Post Watercooled nightmares
So our 2010 TDI wagon has just cranked over 100k on the clock and the check engine light comes on.
Take it to the local parts store and they pull code P2015 which is for the intake manifold regulating flap motor assembly.
A little google work tells me this is a known issue with VW, and they have even added an extended warranty of 120K to some cars with this part, but not ALL...
Yea you guessed it. Ours is NOT one of the ones covered. Suntrup in south county wants almost a grand to do the work. I'm fighting with VW corporate to see why they would warranty it in some instances but not all.
Seems pretty shitty to me. But here we are... Waiting on phone calls from VW corporate while Ami has to drive something different the 500 miles per week she normally drives.

Has anybody ever heard of this intake manifold issue? Ever experienced it yourself? Got any advice on dealig airy VW corporate?

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Watercooled nightmares
Nope but I had numerous problems with my '06 TDI Beetle. From sensors on the inner cooler, hazard switch and axles needing rebuilt at like 50-60k. This site was pretty helpful in getting factory parts at wholesale prices. http://www.1stvwparts.com

Put a lot of miles on that car in 4yrs, until the ex-wife loaned it to some kids while we were sperated and they put gas in it and left it for dead in Joplin. Gave the POS back to the bank.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 am
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Thanks for the advice Ryan. I've got VW to agree to cover half to cost of the repair, and I've seen online where they have refused to cover any part of it on most peoples vehicles, so I'm feeling pretty decent about that.
We decided to just bite the bullet and do the timing belt and water pump at the same time just to be safe. It was almost due anyways.

So far I'm not thrilled with The dealers ridiculous high labor and parts, but it's to be expected I suppose.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:43 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

That's why I just worked on mine myself and got dealership parts. The guy that runs that site works at a dealership, I don't know how he gets the parts. Might be stealing them, who knows :lol:

They wanted like $1200 to fix the axles. I removed them took to local shop that they use for rebuild, then reinstalled for $200ish.

There were a few times that I took it in and paid for them to evaluate and tell me what was wrong then I'd just do the repair myself. Easier than me trying to figure out what's wrong on my own.

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:14 am