View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Home Sweet Home 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Home Sweet Home
I have been eyeing a property here in town, It was a bank foreclosure for $25K... well, it dropped $19K, $15K, all the way to $5K.... well, long story short, I looked into it as Vandals have broke in and stole all the copper ( plumbing and wiring ) as well as damaged all the drywall, so it needs a gut rehab but in the long run it will be the way I want it when finnished. It is a 3 bed 2 bath on 1 acre so the land alone is worth that. My monthly is $178 month till paid.
Heres a few pictures to wet the ego, I am looking for free firewood ( delivered if possible as I have no truck ) I have trees to be cut down and cut for fire wood too but need someone to do it (2 are monsters) others are fairly small as house will be heated with wood burners for the winter.. Also any unwanted building materials are greatly appreciated....

Last edited by sonocativo on Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:39 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Home Sweet Home
8)
AWEsome score, Mike !! :wink:
:mrgreen:

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Thanks, Gonna be a long, slow process. Going to have some kids tear out the drywall so they will have fun tearing shit up...lol Ill feed them good while they enjoy themselves. Be easirt to wire and plumb that way as well. A few walls coming out and maybe some floor plans changed, all the rooms are 13 X 15, 15 X 15, 15 X 19, very large so it has alot of potentials.... Last selling price was $109K House was built in 1925 so its old.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:00 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

X

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:54 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Cool man ,looks like you got a good deal for sure.

Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:15 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Well I landed it, $178 a month til paid... I started replacing all the glass, luckily all the frames were still there. I got all the glass installed (12 windows ) and glazed/caulked them, scraped and painted so they look new-er...lol
I am looking for some free kitchen cabnets to do me for the time being until I can get new, I just need to get it to pass inspections/codes so I can move in. Need to fix that foundation wall first then start tearing out drywall. At least no more boarded up windows, just a few left to paint.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:37 pm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

I bet it's haunted. That would be cool. I'm sure my place is. Drives the wife nuts.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:05 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Dean, Funny you say that.... Heres the story.

When I first went to look at it, the broker gave me the combo and I went in, I have been in alot of houses simular but this was different. As soon as I walked in the hair on the back of my neck stood up...WTF? right?
Well, I looked over the place and went in the spooky ass basement ( I was alone as well ) well there are no doors in the house but the front door and a door slammed ( front was closed ) so I hurried my ass out of there...lol
Well, I went back the next day with my wife and the same shit happened only we just came out of the basement and the slam came from the second floor ( no doors up there ) so My wife said yup, its haunted...
Went back a week later before closing with a buddy, we were standing in back talking ( I havent said anything to him about the slamming or anything yet ) and he looks at the house and says: Who's standing in the window? I looked at him and said, Thats not funny dude ! and told him about the slamming...
Anyways, we go in and all the while he keeps telling me he hears footsteps on the stair case ( we are standing at the bottom around the corner, looks and nothing but he hears them, then across the floor upstairs.... ) nice, we never found or seen anything but he could hear them even when we were in the basement...lol
Dont know if he was f'n with my head because Im practically deaf... Now get this.... This is the good part....
I own the home now, went over with my dog, she ran around the property all happy and shit, so I grab her leash and take her to the front, she didnt want to go on the porch at all, so I picked her up and carried her into the house, she cowarded everywhere, finally she started walking around, after about an hour she finally went to the second floor, but she would not cross the kitchen into the sunroom that leads to the basement, she would growl, and squat, pull and fight with me on her leash,,,, she would not go into that room or near the basement trap door... she flat out refused and been a week of working over there and she will not go in there... and everytime she does that the hair on the back of my neck stands up...wtf is going on...lol
Guess I better start singing christian songs ( run the ghosts out with my bad off key singing....lol )
But youre more than welcome to bring your wife over and explore the dungeon before I fix it up all nice and crap...lol
Might see me on one of those paranoial shows soon if it keeps up....lol

Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:39 pm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Yup, haunted. Makes friends with them.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I hope I can, I watched enough of those paranoia shows to spook me yet even more...lol oh well, live and learn. If I have to call in a crew I will be famous, charge an admission to sightsee...lol
Im gonna have a blast come next holloween....lmao

Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:03 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Hey Man. Great project for $5k!

I think I see the Ghost in the window.
My Wife has a K2 Meter if you need us to come investigate one night. :mrgreen:

1 Acre lot... You failed to show us the most important pic.. the garage, barn, or plot for the man cave to be built. :wink:

Should be a fun build.

SeeYa. Ted.

Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Well, no garage yet, Im gonna have a massive one built, dunno if I want a 3 or 4 car bay with a shop added on, I want a drive dug on the side to the rear, gonna save 2 trees that I will use for my sons treehouse, the rest are gonna be my firewood...lol I need a chainsaw now....

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Here are some before / after shots for better references

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:34 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I found a 24x30 envelope in the walls i was tearing out, Speech from Al Gore of Bill Clinton when he was being nominated for the presidental race, as well as several signed letters from Al Gore, Where can I sell these, they are Framing Material, original documents.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:47 pm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Pawn stars

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:30 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next