View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 am

Wabbit Hunting Season 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Wabbit Hunting Season
So...for the last month or so there is only one thing that'll keep Nala our 8 year old lab/besenge mix crippled ass dog camped out in the backyard while it's 97 degrees out...RABBITS!

She has about 7 confirmed kills but I'm sure there's a few I have not witnessed. So...normally it works one of two ways...when I let her out and she spots a rabbit...
A) she bolts strait for it.
B) she stalks it ever so slowly.
Usually the rabbit is faster but when I hear that desparate screeching squeal...I know she won.
And...it's best to just let her have at it because if you try and get it from her she just gulps the critter down in one gulp.

Well...yesterday morning I let her out...she spots two rabbits...but immediatly turns left and ignores the rabbits...I thought...hummm, she finally has given in to the fact that it's been since before her ACL surgury that she's actually caught one and has decided to give up. About that time I notice her leisurely sniffing down the left fence line still ignoring the rabbits until she gets to the tall grassy cover along the back...then she sneaks between the fence and tall grass and surprizes the rabbits on their backside...momma got away...the half pint didn't :shock:
So I guess an old dog can learn new tricks.

Meanwhile...I guess when I scoop poop next week I'll be spotting a couple of fuzzy filled piles.
Why the hell do the rabbits choose our yard when there are plenty of non-dog yards nearby?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Wabbit Hunting Season
maybe it's so damn hot they've become suicidal. :?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 am