View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

Emily got pulled over for the first time...in the Thing 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Emily got pulled over for the first time...in the Thing
So yea...Emily is driving...I've got shotgun...Dawns in the back....Sunday afternoon about 6:30pm taking our usual scenic backroads cruise through the "Rhineland" of St Charles County (Defiance, New Melle, Augusta, etc...) and while on Calloway Fork Rd, a 5 mile long gravel road with "slimy creek crossings", in fact just after we crossed a creek we passed a guy sitting in his black on black pickup tucked in the weeds. About 1/2 mile later there is the black truck with flashing lights in his grill pulling us over. He walks up..."whats the hurry? Simultaniously we all three say "we're not in a hurry". Cop: "Well the speed limit is 25 through here" Me: "well how fast were we going" Cop: "I dont know but you were flying" Me: "well she's been in 2nd gear this whole road and 2nd tops out at 30" Cop: "well we've had problems with drugs and drinking and poaching on this road" Me: "well we're not doing any of that we're just taking a relaxing Sunday drive letting my daughter get used to driving a stick" Cop: to Emily "what's the tattoo about? (her tattoo is a pink ribbon with "born fighter" on her forearm) Emily: "it's for my mom who has cancer" Cop: to Dawn "Oh, how's that going for you?" Dawn: "well it fucking sucks" Cop: (now backpeddling) "Well I'll need to see your ID's so we have a record of who's coming down here and sir, I'd like to talk to you back at my vehicle" Cop: at his vehicle "you been drinking today?" Me: "well yes, but I don't see why that matters as I'm not the one driving" Cop: "how do you know about this road?" Me: "well, it's on my MO Gazeteer...why, is it illegel for us to be on this road...private road or something?" Cop: "Uh, well no"...."so I'm not going to write a ticket but I'm going to run your ID's to check you out anyway" Couple minutes later... Cop: "you're all good...slow down and have a nice day"

Ya know...I understand they may have issues with people on those seculed roads but don't lie and say we were speeding...dumbass...just say you've had issues down there and had to check us out.

So this morning I got to thinking....my tax money is being spent on a detective (thats what his badge said) camped out on a Sunday afternoon on a gravel road that 5 cars a day drive down? This all started to seem a little fishy so I called the county deputy and told him my story. He thought it sounded fishy too as they've had landowners impersonate police and pull people over just to see who and what they are doing. I described the vehicle and officer and the shield shaped badge...deputy said that their badges are a star not a shield and they have no black pickups in the fleet...hummm...deputy seemed kinda pissed about it all and said he would check all this out and call me back. :shock:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Emily got pulled over for the first time...in the Thing
Oh man Roy! That's CRAZY! I can't believe that someone would do that. Glad you guys made it out of there safely

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Update...Deputy called me back and said he found out the state had a special task force officer posted on that road yesterday and the cop was legit... :?

Something about DEA office or ???

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

METH

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

stupid tweekers ruining all the fun for everyone! i hate that everyone is labeled as doing something wrong until they have been "checked out" fuck off! catch me doing something. then fuck with me. they need to post up at the hardware store. chelee sells meth labs daily. no cops there???

jb

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

He had to make sure that you weren't some Matriarchal skinhead gang driving around in your German paramilitary vehicle selling meth to fund your militia!

I've had the "speeding" excuse several times - all in Kansas - when it was obvious the cop just wanted to pull me over and try to sniff out some other violation.
they always look so disappointed when they walk up to find a showered and short-hair dude, and the inside of my bus ('cause you ain't foolin' no one when you peep in every window as you walk up, flatfoot) that doesn't look like a pinball machine and laundry hamper exploded inside of it.

Then they bitch about the Historic Vehicle plates not having tags on them, hand me my license back huff off.

'87 Vanagon Syncro Westy / Subaru EZ30d conversion

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yea...the cop never asked for insurance, registration, historic log or anything once he realized we were not tweekers and just actually out for a Sunday drive.

Had a city cop follow me in the Thang a couple weeks ago and even park next to me in a Quick Trip lot...got out and he was just interested in talking about the Thang...good thing he did not smell my rum & iced tea breath :shock:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:35 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

those historic plates have cost more pullovers than they are worth to me. i don't have em' but kevin has gotten a rash of shit for them over the years. i was pulled over in tulsa driving neal's bus with the historic plates and the cop could not belive they were real. no thanks! i'd rather just pay the 25 bucks for my regular tag and save the hassle.

jb

Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:45 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Most folks here in the "show-me" do the historic plates because of not having to do a inspection like you would with a reg tag

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:03 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

oh yeah i forget about those stupid inspections. they ditched that years ago in oklahoma. it's just a free for all now :lol:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:24 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Historic tags in TN cost $35 once. Regular tags in the city cost $135 every year and there is no year cut off for inspections and emission testing.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

135$ jeez do they send lube with that. emissions testing too? do they allow you to pump your own gas?
my regular oklahoma tag is seriously 25$ and no inspections of any kind. guess we are lucky!

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 am
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Where's this road at Roy?? I wanna get pulled over too! lol...

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:29 am
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

yep fuck the police they loved pulling me over for the year of manufacture plate. haven't had any big issues with the historic plates except once when i had to argue and blow cigaret smoke in his face for a half hour before he wold believe they never expired. he didn't even know historic plates were let alone a log book. its nice not having to get an inspection my shits never passes. torn wiper blade no muffler worn tie rods and the horn wont work just to touch the tip of the iceberg.
they know not to fuck with me i do what i want. cops hate it when you have fun with them and grin from ear to ear when they pull you over.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:23 pm
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

He was most likely out there pullin his crank, thinking about the hot chick he rousted the night before.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 am