View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:28 am

i hate a thief 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post i hate a thief
My wife and I came home early Saturday afternoon to discover our home had been broken into, ransacked, burglarized and our 2005 Toyota Camry stolen. All this in broad daylight. Everything in our house was turned upside-down. All of our drawers emptied on the floor. It's one thing for all the stuff that got stolen. It's gone, we don't see it anymore to so its not really that bad emotionally. What really sucks is knowing that someone was in our home that was not supposed to be. You see it on TV, in the movies or on the news and its no big deal. To walk into your house and see that scene just gives you, or on this case, us a sense of violation. Never in my life have I felt so violated. Im glad my wife was with me and safe and I'm glad the coward that did this didn't touch my dogs. I hate the low life that did this. I know there is a healing time being the victim here bit damn this sucks. I don't want to leave my house now because I have the fear someone will break in again and steal what wasn't stolen the first time. The bastard that did this not only stole all of my shit but also stole my sense of security in my own home. I FUCKING HATE A THIEF.

Last edited by widehatch on Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 28, 2012 9:48 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: i hate a theif
I feel your pain. Over the years I have dealt with many victims who have expressed the exact same feeling. There is not much I can say to make it better. Even doing what I did for 30 years I don't always "protect" our stuff like I should. We get the feeling that it just won't happen to us. Happens in all kinds of neighborhoods. Folks "scope us out" and know what we have and what our daily routines are. I do try to watch as we pull out of here but the best thing is video that the thief can't mess with.
Dan

Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Sorry to hear about the break in. Hopfully they catch the pieces of shit and they can go stay with Bubba for a while.

Mon May 28, 2012 12:58 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I know exactly how you feel, It's not the stuff but your peace of mind and security that was stolen. One of my garages was broken into last christmas and they stole 5 vintage motorcycles from me, i slept with a gun under my pillow for about 3 weeks before i calmed down just because i felt violated, i now have everything doudle locked and extra fences where I never had to before and it really pisses me off that I have to look for my keys and open gates now to get to my own stuff. I don't have any answers for you but just hang in there :evil: :cry:

Mon May 28, 2012 7:33 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: i hate a thief
Good news, well sorta. I found my car yesterday all on my own. I called the police to my location before I opened and doors or touched the car. The police arrived and started processing the car and we able to pull some prints. While looking in the car I noticed slot of stuff that wasn't mine. Looks like the jerk was driving my car while breaking into other houses. It was full of stolen stuff. While he wasn't out stealing it looks like he was playing bumper cars. I've got a lot of damage to the car but its all fixable. After the police were done processing it they said I could take it home. Since the theif still has the keys to it I took it to my parents house. It's locked up in their garage until I can take it to the body shop next week.

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:41 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Dang, that is great. I hope they catchthe thief. Keep us posted.
Dan
@ funfest

Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

:evil:
gettin' broke into sux major Big time, billy ,,, just glad u were able 2 find u'r car,
at least - & hopefully the police will catch the scumPunks & put 'em away !

Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:07 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

I learned this at a young age. Had my new Dyno bike stolen when I was a kid living in Pine Bluff, AR. I'd left the garage door open that night. The next night they came back and broke in and stolen my parents and sister's bikes.

Watched a guy steal my truck when I was about 19, ran after him but couldn't catch him. Found it later that night when a friend said they saw it parked in a neighborhood. No damage and most of the gas still in it. Cops wouldn't even knock on any of the doors of the houses it was parked in front of.

Several other times, but now I use them as learning opportunities for Dylan. When he gets something stolen I point out that feeling and how it's not right to put that on people.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:10 pm
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Simple fix move away from crime riddled cities like Memphis. stayed in a motel there once took turns one person slept while they other one watched the car out the window and listened to gun shots and police sirens.

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:27 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

My house was broke into a few days after I bought it and moved in, stole alot of non replaceable items and they never surfaced anywhere Pawn shops...nothing. Lost my class ring and other jewelry, new clothes, cameras...ect... then that christmas my parents left christmas eve to do some last minute shopping around noon, they got back at 3pm and called me ( lived behindthem ) someone broke in a back window and stole everything under the tree and some. Kids didnt have a christmas that year which pissed me off the most. then that summer I bought a new car and watched 2 idiots try to steal it while I was on with 911... didnt let them have it as I took on my own to catch them... wanted to pop a cap in their ass but knew better although I was armed in case.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

My house was broke into a few days after I bought it and moved in, stole alot of non replaceable items and they never surfaced anywhere Pawn shops...nothing. Lost my class ring and other jewelry, new clothes, cameras...ect... then that christmas my parents left christmas eve to do some last minute shopping around noon, they got back at 3pm and called me ( lived behindthem ) someone broke in a back window and stole everything under the tree and some. Kids didnt have a christmas that year which pissed me off the most. then that summer I bought a new car and watched 2 idiots try to steal it while I was on with 911... didnt let them have it as I took on my own to catch them... wanted to pop a cap in their ass but knew better although I was armed in case.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:01 pm