View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:27 am

Facebook scares the @#%& out of me! 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Facebook scares the @#%& out of me!
I don't have a facebook page, never had a facebook page nor do i want one. now that that's out of the way, Facebook scares the shit out of me. my wife has a facebook page and she was checking it out the other night. she called me over and wanted to show me something. while i'm glancing at it i see the section "people you might know" and i see Roy Jonas and Ted Morris?? WTF?. i have her go through the people you might know section i saw about 6 of my friends and 2 people i used to work with. i have her scan through her "friends" and i didn't see one of my real life friends as her facebook friends. there was nobody in her friend list that would link to any of my friends. so technically the friends like Roy J. Ted M, Rick D, should have nothing to do or anything in common with my wife. i am not mentioned on her facebok page and VWs are not mentioned on her facebook page. So how the hell does facebook know that my wife might actually know some people in real life that i know like Roy, or Ted or Rick ect ect...?? its f@#&ing creepy.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Facebook scares the @#%& out of me!
Scary shit....I don't do or say squat on my Facebook...get on once or twice a week to see what my kids are up too.
I saw where your I-phone will display advertizements based on your GPS location :shock:
On the golf course...send you Titleist adds etc...
At the mall...send you coupons or 1-day only sales, etc..
All these must have gadgets and "FREE" apps are really just big brothers way of keeping tabs on you...just like your hippie uncle told you they would :lol:

Reminds me of a movie that had Tom Cruise in it...futuristic flick where the bill boards and signs could retina scan you and personally greet you and try to sell you xyz...unless you had them special filtering sunglasses :?

Wait until the government wants to "chip" us like dogs and cats with a GPS locator...with remote operated stun gun surgically inserted...just the thought of not voting for that tax increase you get 50000 volts :shock:

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:14 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Billy,

The only thing that I can think of is if you and your wife might share an e-mail address??

For instance. I "store" all my contacts in hotmail (happens auto magically) . Facebook has an option that allows you to "find friends" with the info that is stored in the e-mail program that you use. (gmail, hotmail, yahoo)

Basically facebook looks at all the e-mail addresses in your e-mail account and checks the facebook database for matches. (To sign up for a facebook account you have to have an e-mail address) Based on the matches from the e-mail data and the facebook database it recommends friends.

Not sure, but facebook might check for matches from your e-mail address when you sign up for an facebook account as well??

Weird for sure though.........

Last edited by cjones on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

that's pretty much it. Your wife has allowed Facebook access to an e-mail contact list that you use.

Come on in Billy, the water is fine.

'87 Vanagon Syncro Westy / Subaru EZ30d conversion

Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Ok, now that makes sense. i can understand that. since she looks at her facebook via my phone. i was about to start building a bunker and hording supplies, food and ammo.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:09 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

rjonas wrote:
Scary shit....I don't do or say squat on my Facebook...get on once or twice a week to see what my kids are up too.
I saw where your I-phone will display advertizements based on your GPS location :shock:
On the golf course...send you Titleist adds etc...
At the mall...send you coupons or 1-day only sales, etc..
All these must have gadgets and "FREE" apps are really just big brothers way of keeping tabs on you...just like your hippie uncle told you they would :lol:

Reminds me of a movie that had Tom Cruise in it...futuristic flick where the bill boards and signs could retina scan you and personally greet you and try to sell you xyz...unless you had them special filtering sunglasses :?

Wait until the government wants to "chip" us like dogs and cats with a GPS locator...with remote operated stun gun surgically inserted...just the thought of not voting for that tax increase you get 50000 volts :shock:

= = =
hmmmm, royJ ,,, from u'r above detective work, it seems like bigBro has already DONE "virtually" chipped us
w'/ GPS locators ,,, thanx 2 faceBook, eMails, laptops, cookies, smartPhones, carComputerLocaters, etc., etc., :shock: :(

Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:48 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yes sir David, Uncle Obama knows every move we make !!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x :(

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

mowerman wrote:
Yes sir David, Uncle Obama knows every move we make !!! :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :x :(

= = =
yep, Pat :( :cry: ,,, sad, but So Very TRUE :!: :!: :evil: :evil:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:24 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Wish I could comment on the facebook craze, but since I don't have one...

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:56 pm
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

mowerman wrote:

well, i'm glad he gets a thrill out of watching me masturbate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

making leprosy beautiful again

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:29 pm
Profile YIM
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

i_am_cool_fred wrote:
mowerman wrote:

well, i'm glad he gets a thrill out of watching me masturbate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

= = =
:shock:
hahahahahahaha :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh, Brian :lol: :lol: :lol: ,,, THANK YOU,,, u just made my day !!! :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
that is just f@rkin' absolutely Hillarious !!!!! :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 pm