View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 am

Paul Bondi has passed away on 11/15/15 R.I.P. 
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Paul Bondi has passed away on 11/15/15 R.I.P.
I got this earlier today:

It is with a sad heart and the shock of disbelief that I tell you Paul Bondi has passed away. He passed on 11/15/15. Dave Smith gave me information he got from Earl Yaeger. We saw Paul a short time ago at the meeting and he looked fine.

The wake is on Friday 11/20/15 at Kutis Funeral Home 10151 Gravois St. Louis, MO 63123 http://www.mapquest.com/us/missouri/bus ... nc-8040247 from 4-8 pm. Their telepnone number is 314-842-4458.

The funeral is Saturday at Kutis at 10:30 am.

Frank Stary

Paul was a St. Louis VW enthusiast and a very nice guy. He was President of the Gateway VW Club for many years until recently. You'd know or recognize him if you've been active in the STL VW scene. If anyone has a photo or two of Paul, please feel free to post them here. I'll be going to the service on Friday evening assuming I'm not assigned a flight by AA, I and others will be there for Paul. Will you? I will miss him!

Bill Bowman

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Post Re: Paul Bondi has passed away on 11/15/15 R.I.P.
Hi all,

I'm was very proud to see so many regular members of the Gateway VW club attend this evenings viewing at Kutis Funereal home. There was quite a crowd of family, friends and relatives and us VW enthusiasts who know and will miss Paul. I was quite surprised to see Paul wearing his VW Split-Bus t-shirt and VW belt buckle, it brought a smile to my face on a sad evening! That is how I'll see him from now on in my mind. Rest in peace Paul, our VW friend! I'll miss him. Thanks so much to everyone who was able to come out to see him!

His funereal is tomorrow...

Bill Bowman

Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

I stopped by early but had to leave early. I was out of there by 5. Susan had plans so I was on William watch for the night. Did give me the oppurtunity to fill up the gas tank for the winter on the Westy. Threw in a can of Seafoam for good measure.

Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:24 am
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Yeah Dana, I was stuck in rush hour traffic and didn't arrive until about 6pm or so. I just missed seeing you and Ted, Sara and Dave, and probably a few others. It was great of so many to make the effort!

It was fun to see Susan and her friend at my home on Thursday around noon when I arrived back from my LA flight assignment decked out in my AA F/A uniform. They were taking a private jewelry making class from Kathryn in her studio and wanted to take a "VW man cave" tour before they departed. Of course, I was happy to oblige them!

Bill

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:10 am
Profile WWW
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

I got the report on that. Kendra really enjoyed the tour!

Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:18 am